[support] Drupal 7 + Quercus 4 + Tomcat 7

Tom Bruser ml at tombruser.com
Sun Jun 9 22:40:39 UTC 2013

Hi.

I am attempting to get Drupal 7 running with Quercus 4.  All seems to go
well at first, however, after installation complete, I visit the home page
and the theme installed appears to be Stark. except displaying the LIGHT
grey Drupal logo that is included with Bartik.  When I look at the
Appearance configuration, Bartik 7.22 is set as the default theme.  If I try
to set any other theme to default, i.e. Seven 7.22, the message 'Stark is
now the default theme' appears at the top of the page in a green box.  From
then on, only the Stark theme will enable, and now the theme visible when
going back to the home page is the real Stark, showing with the DARK grey
Drupal logo.

Any pointers to documentation specific to setting up Drupal 7 with Quercus,
or advice on this specific issue (maybe it's not exclusive to Quercus), or
advice on how I can enable any logging that could tell me what's wrong would
be appreciated.

I've also checked on Windows file system permissions, etc.  c:\tomcat and
all subdirectories appear to be accessible to both my logged in user, and
the SYSTEM user which is running Tomcat.  UAC is off.

Please see below specific details that may assist in understanding the
issue:

Environment:

Drupal 7.22

Quercus 4.0.36

Tomcat 7.0.40

Windows 7 Ultimate

Java JDK 1.7.0_21

Steps I performed to install:

1: Install Tomcat 7 to C:\tomcat

2: Install MySQL + setup empty database and user for Drupal

3: Copy MySQL JDBC driver to tomcat lib

4: Replace C:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT with contents of Quercus war file

5: Copy contents of Drupal distribution into C:\tomcat\webapps\ROOT

6: Start Tomcat

7: Access Drupal via http://localhost:8080

8: Step through Drupal installation (giving DB name and user, etc).