[support] How to safeguard sites from unwanted users

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 11:22:35 UTC 2013

Dear ALL
I see almost everyday in my site 2 or 3 unwanted users are created.
The user id is something like *sdfdxsxvxcvbcxmv* which is totally somebody
just playing. I need to block such accounts or more preferably reuse such
accounts.

For me the concern is , once a user is created, that user id is gone for
ever.
Next if I create another user, it will take up the higher UID.

Assuming these things keeps happening, over few years of time we will have
lot of unnecessary accounts in system, eating up resources for nothing.

Even if I delete these users, still the user ID will not be reused.

Within Drupal framework, is there any existing mechanism where, we can tell
to re-use certain user ID when creating new users. If NOT existing, if
somebody guides me, am ready to make one.

Best Regards
Kamal