[support] Problem with running Drupal 7 on Addon domain

lamp at afan.net lamp at afan.net
Sat Mar 2 21:58:31 UTC 2013

Sorry for not responding earlier... Multiple factors...

And I apology for giving you wrong info. Main domain is actually Drupal 6,
addon domain is Drupal 7... Then a little mistake while installing Drupal
7 on addon domain (I discovered later)...

Anyway, I appreciate any help and very fast responses.

LAMP
P.S. Does anybody know how to turn off FCKEditor
in SquirrelWebmail? I can't find "switch" and it drives me
nuts! :)

> Quick check for
this is to see if you can access

> http://mydomain.com/update.php. If that gives the 403 then it's a

> permission problem on the file system, or Apache problem (contact
your

> hosting support). If it gives you a 404, then what Dave said about
the

> code not being in htdoc root.

> Jamie Holly

> http://www.intoxination.net

> http://www.hollyit.net

> On 2/22/2013 11:44 AM, Metzler, David wrote:

>> Much depends on your hosting provider config. Typically when I
set up

>> add-on domains on mine. They ask me which directory I'd like to
use

>> to host that. Sometimes they suggest a directory contained
within

>> the doc root, sometimes outside. Setting up that domain does
not

>> necessarily install drupal in that directory. Assuming you are
using

>> the stock drupal provided .htaccess and that that file is present
it

>> should not be preventing access. However if the htdocs directory
for

>> the addon directory was not the directory that you thought it
was, and

>> the hosting provider did allow directory listing by default in
the

>> apache configuration then you would experience exactly the error
that

>> you're getting. So my best guess is that the drupal source code
is

>> not in the htdoc root of the addon domain, like you think it
is.