[support] [Solved, sort of]Re: Authentication problem, was Re: Recent move Drupal 6.22, PHP5.3, PostGresql 8.4 doesn't work - continuing

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Mar 25 23:27:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Max Pyziur wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> Ensure you empty any table with cache* as well as sessions table.
>
> It's beginning to look like an authentication problem.
>
> I added the following lines to ~/index.php,
> error_reporting(E_ALL);
> ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);
> ini_set('display_startup_errors', TRUE);
>

> and found the following:
> The pgsql error was: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> fe_sendauth: no password supplied.
>
> I've tried adjusting the following line:
> pgsql://username:password@localhost/databasename
>
> By adding a password (the one that I have on record).
>
> It returns a 'FATAL'
>
> Any pointers on debugging this? I is in the data tables? Or elsewhere?

This is clearly a postgresl authentication issue.

I made an adjustment to /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf in the IPv6
section, relaxing the constraint. That got all eight or so legacy Drupal
6.x sites running correctly.

What is confusing is that the newly installed Drupal 6.x sites functioned
correctly w/o this adjustment.

Since security is a concern, I would appreciate advice here.

I had a similar issue almost two years ago; the following URL from
support at drupal.org was key:
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/support/2011-May/018098.html

Thanks to Ivan Sergio Borgonovo on that thread

>> Earnie
>
> Max Pyziur
> pyz at brama.com
[recycle]