[support] Creating a content type that merges fields with its assigned area within the body

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Sun May 5 17:13:19 UTC 2013

John,

The simplest way to implement this is not to change what is saved in the
fields but only change the display? I do not know if this will meet your
requirements because it is not modifying the data only the display. You can
see more about themeing at http://drupal.org/node/1089656 and many more
resources on the Internet.

If you need to change the storage check out
http://drupal.org/project/computed_field

Hope this helps.

-Steve

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM, John Mitchell <mitchelljj98 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a requirement to build a content type that has a number of fields
> and also the body section which is where the html goes. When new content is
> added using this new content type the user would enter information for all
> the fields (like city, state, zip, etc) and at the point of saving the
> content that is created is a combination of what was already inside the
> body section plus the fields values would go in their assigned areas within
> the body section.
>
> What possible ways could this be implemented?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Steve Kessler
Owner and Lead Consultant