[support] Apache solr integration - Adding new fields during indexing of a node/document

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Sat May 11 06:55:12 UTC 2013

Dear Drupal Experts
Currently I use apache solr 3.6.2 for search engine in a Drupal 715
environment. Apache solr, indexes the document, I search based on the
keyword and gets document list. So far so good.

I need to enhance it. When I add the document (actually these are resumes),
I need to add certain fields like age, experience years, salary etc.

So that while searching the documents, I can add the filters accordingly to
get more relevant documents.

Now my BIIGEST worry is how do I proceed.

1. Do I need to modify the schema file to add fields for age, experience,
salary

2. Do I need to implement some  special hooks in my custom module, so that
I can add the fields like age, experience (any examples if you have please
share) during indexing.

3. While searching, do I need to implement any specific hook, so that I can
add the filters for age, experience etc.., if so , pls share the examples
if you have.

Thanks
Kamal