[support] online Drupal course?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue May 21 19:39:22 UTC 2013

In another email you were talking about Python in Drupal. The problem as
I and others pointed out is that there is no Python in Drupal. This can
also be verified by the lack of a Python requirement on the requirements
page on drupal.org:

http://drupal.org/requirements

It sounds like the project you took over did some serious hacking on
Drupal, which means that the problems you face won't really be answered
by books or courses.

Sadly what you are running into is a very common situation. Over my 10
years of working with Drupal I have taken over projects that people
tried to incorporate different server side languages into.

Most online courses now focus on Drupal 7, since Drupal 6 is approaching
end of life. There are some pretty significant changes between the two
versions, so that might not be of too much help.

Here are some resources though to help you out:

http://mustardseedmedia.com/podcast (videos)

http://drupalize.me/ (very good collection!)

http://drupal.org/books?availability%5B%5D=38414&version%5B%5D=102
(books for Drupal 6)

But the best way to learn it is to just dive in. Set you up a fresh
install of Drupal and start playing around with it, adding modules, etc.
Once you figure out the basics, then play around with writing some
custom modules.

Hope this helps!

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net