[support] Looking for the best way to display content

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Wed May 29 17:24:07 UTC 2013

When I first did this it seamed to make more sense to break it up because
we use the top category to match some data in an external system but I am
not sure we still need to.  But this would not solve the problem because I
will still need to know what is primary and what is secondary which is why
I had the field collections in the first place.

-Steve

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Idan Arbel <idan at arbel-designs.com> wrote:

> why are you using field collection for category > sub category and not a
> multi valued taxonomy with hierarchy ?
>

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Steve Kessler <skessler at denverdataman.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I am working on a project that hundreds of files  attached to nodes with
>> a field field.  Each of the nodes also has term references to a type,
>> category and sub-category.  I also have field collections that can hold
>> additional categories and sub-categories.  The goal would be to get all of
>> the files related to any category | sub-category combo.
>>
>> When I try and do this by using a relationship with the field collection
>> and then filtering on the field collection fields for category and
>> sub-category it does not work.  I am looking into why this is but I also
>> need to consider other ways of displaying this information.
>>
>> An example of this would be nodes with A|A,  A|B&A|A, A|B, A|A, C|A
>>
>> the query would return the results of A|A,  A|B&A|A, A|A
>>
>> I may be over thinking this but appreciate any help I can get.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>

>> --
>> Steve Kessler