[support] How to tell Backup and Migrate Files which directory to back up?

MBR mbr at arlsoft.com
Fri Nov 8 22:03:53 UTC 2013

The module named "Backup and Migrate"
(https://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate) is for the database only.
The module named "Backup and Migrate Files"
(https://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate_files) is a different module.

The description in Backup and Migrate Files' README.txt says:

    "This module extends the Backup and Migrate module adding the
    ability to back up files from within that module."

It would be particularly useful if it allowed the user to specify which
document_root/files subdirectory it should back up.  For most Drupal
installs, the directory that matters is
/document_root//sites/default/files. In multi-site installations, the
directory that matters is /document_root//sites//<domain_name>//files.

I'm really not sure under what circumstances document_root/files is
used.  But that's the only directory I can get Backup and Migrate Files
to back up.

    Mark Rosenthal