[support] Strange Drupal 7 problem, site wants to reinstall

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 13 22:30:19 UTC 2013

I have stopped and restarted the server and even cold booted the system.
I tend to agree that it's not finding the database but that has me
stumped. The database exists, tables are as they were and populated,
passwords are unaltered.

I've checked /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf but nothing is different.
I deleted the database lines in /settings.php and entered random text in
it's place which should have set off alarm bells.

  I'm thinking Drupal core core is not reading /settings.php and in fact
not reading anything in the /sites/default file system as a whole and
that has me concerned.

Next step, I'll do a fresh install and copy the /sites file system over.
That should prove or disprove the D7core assertion.
Thanks
Roger

Try stoping and starting the server. I've had that happen before. It
sounds like it's just not looking at the correct db. On Tuesday,