[support] Registrations module need help...

Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov Philip_Wetzel at nhd.uscourts.gov
Thu Nov 14 13:48:40 UTC 2013

Hi Howard,
I'm re-writing this website.   http://www.nhd.uscourts.gov/  We
occasionally have  training events
where we need to manage registrations.  If you click on Important
information we are having Mediation
Training this Friday.   Entity Registrations fits the bill really well.   I
was happy to find it.  It would
take a lot to create this from scratch.    I have more than a decade
of .net/C# experience, but just 5 months
with Drupal.  The decision to go Drupal was made after I was hired.  I'm
not only new to Drupal, but I
have minimal previous content management experience as well.  However, it's
gone pretty well.
80% of it was cake.  I'm down to the last few difficult tasks and it'll be
a win.  There's a few Drupal
concepts I'm still struggling with.  Hooks, and custom themes, modifying
templates to name a few.

I had a similar task where management wants to post announcements.  (Like
the gavel icon).
I ended up writing it in PHP outside of Drupal.  As I was writing it, it
clicked and I started seeing
how I could have done it within Drupal using views, content types, etc.
It was like, Oh so that's
what all the hoopla is about,    I can see how I will leave this website
where smart people with
little programming experience will be able to carry on with its management
and control their
own destiny.

But I digress.  The Events utility is getting pretty close now with just a
few issues left.   I have 2 views.
One view is so management can list the events, go on and see how many are
registered,
change settings etc.  That is just about 100%.  The module pretty much
gives that to you
out of the box.

The other view is for people off the street.  It needs to just list the
events and have a link
to register.    I can't get the link right.  I get the registration form,
but it doesn't link it to the event
when complete.   Also, I need to mask out the management functionality
(Get rid of the
"Manage Registrations" tab, but keep the "Register" tab).

It's hard to give you enough specifics so you can understand where the
problem is.
The Drupal site is still behind the firewall, so I can't point you to what
I have so far.
In my researching, it sounds like I need to modify a template or create a
theme which is
a bit above my current ability.

The other issue is that it fills up to capacity and just keeps on going
without placing
people on waitlist or giving warning.  I see that other people have had
this issue, but haven't
had the chance to read through it.   Looks like this is what I want.
https://drupal.org/node/2018741

I don't know if I've given you enough information to help me.  I do
appreciate the effort in any case.
At the very least it's helped me quantify and dissect my issues.    I have
time.  I'm going to take
a little break from this.  I have about a months worth of work in another
project to set up
some email ListServ's.
Again, thanks in any case,
Phil