[support] Sorting with multiple dates

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Tue Nov 19 23:36:21 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I have a really sticky problem.

I have a content-type called "Coming Event" which has zero or more dates that represent the occurrence of the event. I have a view of these where I want each coming event to appear exactly once in the order of the earliest date in their list. So, let's suppose I have Event A and Event B and they are happening in this order A, B, B, A, B. My view should show me "A B". After the first completion of A, I should see "B A". So this is not a difficult idea.

Any sort that I specify results in one row for each date, so in the case of my example, I see five entries in my view. I should be able to aggregate these rows by some field, but I can't seem to find the magic formula and I get, believe it or not, HTML instead of rendered pages.

I expect there to be a filter problem as some of the dates pass and are filtered out, and I don't know if that will be independent of this question.

Chris.