[support] Sorting with multiple dates

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:16:03 UTC 2013

Chris,

For showing only 2 items, you can use Distinct Node, which will fetch only
distinct results, hence removing any duplicates.

Secondly, for the dates, you will have to add another check, where date is
higher than todays or some specified date, I believe this should help you
in fetching the desired result.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 5:06 AM, Chris Miller <cjm at tryx.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a really sticky problem.
>
> I have a content-type called "Coming Event" which has zero or more dates
> that represent the occurrence of the event.  I have a view of these where I
> want each coming event to appear exactly once in the order of the earliest
> date in their list. So, let's suppose I have Event A and Event B and they
> are happening in this order A, B, B, A, B.  My view should show me "A B".
> After the first completion of A, I should see "B A". So this is not a
> difficult idea.
>
> Any sort that I specify results in one row for each date, so in the case
> of my example, I see five entries in my view.  I should be able to
> aggregate these rows by some field, but I can't seem to find the magic
> formula and I get, believe it or not, HTML instead of rendered pages.
>
> I expect there to be a filter problem as some of the dates pass and are
> filtered out, and I don't know if that will be independent of this question.
>
> Chris.

Regards,
Vaibhav Jain