[support] Weird Profile2 Problem

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 9 17:19:46 UTC 2013

I'm headed for an ulcer over this one. In my profiles, I have a field for the user type (Staff, Consultant, etc). "View user profiles" and "View any profile" are both granted to authenticated users. Users who do not have "Administer users" permission get access denied viewing any other user who is not "Staff." But they can see "Staff" users without a problem.

Of course I first blamed my own code, so I disabled my custom modules. Still happens. If I disable Profile2, it still gets access denied.

I do have Organic Groups, but not og_profile2, but it shouldn't care about one user over another. And even one user in the same group gets access denied.

Search D.O hasn't helped. Has anyone encountered and solved this?

Nancy