[support] Trivial sub-theme: Renaming Bartik

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Wed Oct 9 19:43:56 UTC 2013

HI Folks,

I created "/sites/all/themes/bartik-cjm/bartik-cjm.info" with exactly three lines:

name = Bartik-cjm
base theme = Bartik
core = 7.x

This is the simplest case of sub-theming -- Change the name only. I expected to see a "Bartik-cjm" theme available on my "Appearance" page, and I found none. Bummer. So, I copied bartik-cjm.info to themes/bartik-cjm/bartik-cjm.info, expecting that should give me a renamed Bartik theme. No dice.

I have diligently cleared caches and restarted servers to avoid any "Type 2" errors, but still I see no indication that I have created a valid sub-theme.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.