[support] Can't login into site

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 13 14:47:20 UTC 2013

Out of curiosity (and something common), have you verified that your
settings.php file is correct? Best thing to do is to verify the settings
in $databases by going into a shell and entering:

mysql -u {username from settings.php} -p{password from settings.php} -h
{host from settings.php}

(note - there is no space between -p and the actual password, unlike all
other attributes)

If that opens up then type in:

use {database name from settings.php};

(don't forget the ; at the end. If you do then just enter \g)

Another quick and easy check. Go to your webroot and enter:

php index.php

That will show the errors, along with the HTML. See if you get the same
error. PHP uses different configurations for the command line and
everything else, so if you don't get the error then the problem is in
your php.ini file.

You can also try looking in your MySQL error logs for more information.
On RedHat/CentOS they should be in /var/log/mysqld.log.

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net