[support] AJAX

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Wed Oct 23 21:41:32 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I have a tiny AJAX example and it works -- in fact it works too well. On the first click, it does what it is supposed to do -- insert a DOM node with text after the <A> node with id=ajax-enabled.. On the second click is does it TWICE and I can see two throbbers run. On the third click, you guessed it, FOUR throbbers. Is there some context that I need to clear after the AJAX call or some object I need to re-use to prevent this?

Also, as I investigate the DOM with the browser inspector, I can't find where all the event handlers are attached. When I look in the naive places, I see references to jQuery, but I believe that jQuery is dispatching to something somewhere and I'd like to know where that somewhere is. I should be able to find it.

Thanks for the help,

Chris.