[support] Switching domains but keeping the rest...

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 24 13:51:41 UTC 2013

Set ServerAlias under domain1 in Apache's virtualhost directive to
domain2.com, restart Apache and done. So long as you haven't had any
funky contrib modules store stuff as absolute in the database or set
things like $base_url or $cookie_domain in settings.php, you'll be fine.

If you're on shared hosting, then it's a little more complicated. A lot
of them now offer to set the directory for hosts, so if you're lucky in
that sense just set both domains to the same docroot. If not, then
you'll most likely have to contact them and see if they will do the
update for you. Some will and some won't.

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net