[support] building a Planet-like site?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Wed Sep 18 11:49:50 UTC 2013

I'd like to build a page similar to Drupal Planet,
   http://drupal.org/planet

using Drupal 7.  I tried to do this with the Drupal 7 Core aggregator
module and views.

Aggregator is working fine and obtaining data from the feeds.

However, the views module doesn't seem to be able to easily create
teasers and things like it does for normal blog items, and it just
prints a list of field values.

I came across this, but the repository appears to be broken:
   https://drupal.org/project/planet

Can anybody tell me which module is used to build the real Drupal Planet
or how to create the same effect with Views?