[support] I have an existing drupal 6 website that I need to migrate the data into a new drupal 7 website.

Anoop John anoop.john at zyxware.com
Fri Sep 20 20:19:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM, John Mitchell <mitchelljj98 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an existing drupal 6 website that I need to migrate the data into a
> new drupal 7 website.
>
> What are are the possible ways of implementing this?

You can set up the site in a test environment and take the site
through the standard upgrade procedure. Here are some important steps

http://www.zyxware.com/articles/3647/how-to-upgrade-your-drupal-6-site-to-drupal-7

You will have to get the D7 versions of all the existing modules and
themes before you attempt this. If they are not already available you
will have to convert them and contribute them back to Drupal.org if
they are publicly available modules.

Good luck with your conversion.

Best Regards
Anoop

|--
| Zyxware Technologies
| http://www.zyxware.com
|--
| Be the change you wish to see in the world, M. K. Gandhi
|--