[support] Proper Way to insert images into page

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Mon Sep 30 21:58:23 UTC 2013

FYI : Using drupal 7.23 on Mac OS X 10.7
      Database is MySQL

      WYSWIG Editor is CKEditor 3.6.5.7647 and images are inserted
      using the Media Browser plugin.

      For this particular website it is my preference to to my
      changes on my desktop and then 'push' to server.

      I'm new to drupal but I have been a programmer since 1987.
      Familiar with command *nix command line...

Problem :
  Using media browser without any tweaking and I have an
  image URL that will look something like this:
  http://localhost:8080/drupal/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/sod-house-location-3_1_0.jpg?itok=IbFO_SUQ
  Obviously, that isn't going to work on a server.

What is the proper way to make the image displayable on other
machines?

TIA
--
Tim