[support] Many false applications for accounts

Alison penguin at alisoncc.com
Mon Apr 7 20:36:54 UTC 2014

When you pay for on-line purchases via PayPal, it does a 'simulated' transaction for a dollar to verify the accuracy of the data entered. In checking the mail log for my mail server - Postfix/Dovecot, when I send emails there is a message from the remote server confirming the validity of the address.  As most registration faculties require an email address, would it not be difficult to do something similar to PayPal in checking whether the remote mail server for the email address will accept the emails for the address entered before processing the registration. Just a thought.

Alison