[support] AJAX in a view

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Fri Apr 18 17:31:08 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I have a content type with a taxonomy field. I have a view that lists the instances of that content grouped by taxonomy. This view has recently started misbehaving, and I need some help diagnosing what has changed. <irony> Honestly, I changed nothing! I only went through and cleaned up junk that I wasn't using any more... </irony> (-:

If I display the content I have no problem. ( http://new.capitolaires.org/content/side-side ) If I use the view which is blind to the taxonomy and simply displays an alphabetical list of the content, I also have no problem. ( http://new.capitolaires.org/music-download then click "Side by Side") If I use my view that groups by taxonomy ( http://new.capitolaires.org/music-library ) then I see the AJAX throbber and I get an AJAX error with a very long JSON string:

An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 200
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: OK
ResponseText: <very long JSON string...>

First and foremost, why is this an AJAX request? The view explicitly says not to use AJAX, so how is this setting being countermanded? I see AJAX classes in the DOM nodes and this mystifies me.
Second how do I go about debugging this? Where is a reasonable breakpoint so I can divide this problem?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.