[support] Tips & Tricks while taking over a website

Hummel, Tracey S - (thummel) thummel at email.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 25 02:41:27 UTC 2014

I would expect a good development company to provide documentation, comment a lot within any custom code and provide a live or remote training session on how everything was built.  When I do hire out site development, those expections are very clear in the contract. When I build a complex site, I create a separate site just for the docs so it is easy to hand over a manageable finished product.

I've dealt with  some companies that don't provide any documentation at all and then they ask for a separate contract for all tech support.

Tracey

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device