[support] Multiple roles access a site while in maintenance mode

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 29 20:36:15 UTC 2014

I wasn't the original OP :p

But this thread did shake the cobwebs off of an idea I had floating
around in my mind for a few years and kept forgetting to open an issue
about - creating a permission for "access offline site" and either
having Drupal check for just that or (even better) check for that
permission, or the administer site configuration one. Very simple fix,
to a problem that I feel is nightmare at times from a usability stand
point, especially when we're trying to introduce clients to the world of
Drupal.

Here's the issue:

https://www.drupal.org/node/2330045

Jamie Holly