[support] For Drupal 7 how can I ensure that views RSS channel properties that are added within hook_views_query_alter() remain?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:30:55 UTC 2014

I have applied the below patch (see below link) so the views module will
add the following channel properties of pubDate and lastBuildDate. After
applying the patch and after running Drupal "Clear all caches" within
/admin/config/development/performance these added channel properties are
only available for the first page requested and they will not be available
until after running another Drupal "Clear all caches".
For Drupal 7 how can I ensure that views RSS channel properties that are
added within hook_views_query_alter() remain?

https://www.drupal.org/files/views-2037185-display_pubDate_and_lastBuildDate_in_RSS-1.patch

Thanks,
John J. Mitchell