[support] "Noggin" module / different header image for mobile vs. desktop

Darrell Eifert deifert at hampton.lib.nh.us
Thu Dec 11 15:58:55 UTC 2014

Hello --

I've searched the usual resources for an answer to this, but haven't
found anything satisfactory.  We are finishing up our conversion from D6
to D7, and have gone with an AdaptiveTheme core in order to take
advantage of the excellent mobile-friendly features.  Overall, the site
looks good on a small screen, with a search bar in the header and a very
nice smartphone menu taking the place of our Superfish desktop menu.
See http://50.199.193.172 for a live view.

We would however like to swap out the large desktop view header for a
small .png logo whenever the site is accessed by smartphone or tablet.
We use the 'Noggin' module to put a banner image of the library on the
main page, but there seems to be nothing in the AdaptiveTheme or Noggin
documentation that talks about changing the header based on device
screen width.

Any pointers towards a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Darrell Eifert
Lane Memorial Library