[support] tune MySql instead of using memcache

Don donald at fane.com
Fri Dec 12 20:46:51 UTC 2014

it can be a balancing act. Even if you're not using the RAM, linux is
probably using it for caching and look ahead buffers.
i still think memcache is worth it. Just make sure to get the latest
version and watch for memory leaks. Even with 8 large buffers there's a
leak on ours and it just continually grows until it runs out of memory
and crashes. I created a little script to monitor the instances and
restart them automatically if one or more crashes.

-Don-

On 12/12/2014 3:09 PM, Keith Smith wrote:
> Yes for performance.  Active website with lots of content and lots of
> modules.  I have extra RAM that can be used to tune Mysql.
>

> On 2014-12-12 13:48, Muzaffer Tolga Ozses wrote:
>> For performance?
>> On 12 Dec 2014 21:35, "Keith Smith" <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Data center says to tune MySql instead of using memcache.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Keith Smith
>>> --