[support] Estimate for photo competition development

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 3 14:10:14 UTC 2014

Seems like you gave a very fair price. I've been down the same road,
clients who come back after a job was completed saying "I was told it
could be done for 1/2 the price". I try to nicely inform them that there
are tons of people out there who can make websites, and a lot that are
cheaper, but I always guarantee my work, plus my work comes with years
of experience. Over the years I've had a few occasions where a client
turned down my bid because it was too high. They then went with the
lowest cost and came back months later. A couple because the project was
no where near complete and the person they hired has screwed it up bad.
More came back after the fact. They got the delivered product and that
"cheaper site" had tons of problems. One time it was an ECommerce site
that had problems about a year after launch from "the other guy". They
ended up with a huge security breach and since I had to undo the mess
that developer made, they ended up paying over 2x what they would have
if they just went with me in the beginning.

PS - you may want to subscribe to the consulting list and post this
there. We have these type of discussions from time to time.

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net