[support] Question on keeping the bad guys out

Jarry mr.jarry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:31:01 UTC 2014

On 04-Feb-14 20:22, john boris wrote:
> I am working on a new site (Drupal 7) and I have reCaptcha module
> installed which includes the image captcha as well. This still isn't
> keeping out the gnats trying to get logins. I have the site set that all
> new users need to verified with a valid email and the admin needs to
> authorize the new user but it still hasn't stopped them. I am looking
> for other ideas where I can limit these issues. I am getting about 15 a
> day and they seem to be growing.
> I have a few mandatory fields setup but I don't want to make it totally
> a pain for new users to put in the valid info.
>
> This might be just a cost of having the thing open for new users but if
> anyone can give me some other ideas on how to stem the tide I would
> appreciate it.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> John J. Boris, Sr.
> Online Services
> www.onlinesvc.com <http://www.onlinesvc.com>

I'm using various types of capcha (ascii-art, css, image, math)
with random selection. But what really helped me is "botcha",
this catches about 90% of all spam and bot-logins. I used to have
up to ten spam-messages per day. After I installed botcha, I have
no more than one or two per month...

Jarry