[support] Using Google Drive as file repository for audio files

Mihai Miculescu mihaimiculescu at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 19:30:03 UTC 2014

Hi, I am building a site for a comunity of musicians.
Users login on the website and then may upload audio files so that others can listen (via streaming) and evaluate their ideas.
I cannot let them upload on the server the website is hosted. I also have no budget (for now) to purchase storage on Google Cloud or similar.
I am looking into creating an account on Google Drive, connect it to the website and use it as a file repository for all the mp3 uploads from the users.
Since Music Player for Google drive is open source ( https://code.google.com/p/drive-music-player/ ) maybe there is a way to integrate the relevant patrs of its code into MediaFront somehow.
The problem is: GD is intended for uploads and downloads only, not for streaming. On the other hand, Music Player for Google Drive is available for playing back the audio files. So I cannot undesrtand if this scenario will work or not.
Before diving into the mysteries of the authentication protocoles a.s.o. I thought I might just ask you if you guys find this idea feasible
Thanks in advance!
Mihai