[support] .htaccess question

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed Feb 12 16:31:41 UTC 2014

I think you would be happier if you did this as a drupal module (it really is not that hard to do), than trying to hack the .htaccess file.   Also drupal's .htaccess could be modified to point to your script rather than .php.

Implementing a custom module is really straightforward for what you need:

Create a subfolder  in the sites/all/modules folder lets say  sites/all/modules/mymodule
Create a single .info file text file in that folder (mymodule.info) with the following text:

name =  mymodule
core = 7.x

Then create a  mymodule.module file with a single function:
function mymodule_init() {
  // your code that should execute on every drupal page load goes here.
}

You can now enable this module in your drupal site and do what you need to do.  As a general strategy, I'd recommend writing code that inspects for session variables or cookies set by the other application and if it doesn't find them  redirects to the url either with drupal_goto()  or with a header set.   You can tell wether the drupal user is logged in by inspecting the global variable $user and seeing if it has a uid property.