[support] Drupal theming

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 7 01:50:35 UTC 2014

Hi all.
I gave up on creating theme from Zen and simply made a new theme from a
copy of Garland. Just copied  Garland theme to my /themes folder,
renamed, changed the .info  and replaced all instances of garland with
my theme name in the  template.php and theme-settings.php files. Seems
to work, looks neat, changes colours ok.

Garland  has a printer friendly output link which displays in Admin but
not as user.
The browser display of printed version is wrong and quite unlike the
actual pdf created when I <CTRL P> and print to pdf.

Also displays header and url and main menu links on the top of the print
page with tags and system date at the bottom of page, I dont want any of
this so am completely stuck on how to modify the print out. There's a
lot of google pages but nothing helps and with the majority being for
drupal 6 or just plain wrong are of no help at all.

Don't understand where to look or what to do to modify things,

Can someone please help
Thanks
Roger