[support] Best ways to intigrade my blog post on drupal to appear on my home page.

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 14:57:01 UTC 2014

You could do as I said earlier, write some custom code to parse your
blog's feed.

Another option would be to create a block in views, bootstrap Drupal
from your home page and render that block. This could lead to some
screwy problems though, especially with URLs (setting $base_url in
settings might fix that). That can also lead to performance issues with
caching and that.

A simpler option would be to create a page in view of your latest posts
and the information you want to appear in the block. Then use jQuery to
load that on your main page, selecting out just the part of the DOM tree
that has the actual list and injecting that into your site.

A better option would be a custom module that generates an html page of
your latest posts and saves it to the files system. Then you could
include that as an iframe on your main page. That would by far be best
performance wise and a lot more stable.  It's also not that hard of a
module to write (a function to generate the HTML widget/list called on
hook_node_save()).

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net