[support] more on views

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 14 10:05:24 UTC 2014

I am experimenting with views and taxonomy based on my last post about
taxonomy.
In a test  setup, I have Vocabularies, state, locality, venue, event,
each has populated terms.
Event content type has:
Title,
Event type,
Venue - term reference to the locality vocabulary with auto complete widget
Locality - term reference to the State vocabulary with auto complete widget
State - term reference
Contact - term reference
Event dates
Body

  I entered data into event and auto completed Event type, Venue and
Contact.
Created events tab which displays the data from a core view. I do not
know how to alter the default core view.

Each field is a link supposed to go to a page or block with explanatory
information for example: click on the name of the venue it should
display a block of info about how to find the venue and display a small map.
Click on the contact name and it should display further contact info.

Needless to say it does not do this, instead display the event again
under the venue heading.
Click on Locality it shows the locality heading and the State field
contents.
I am really stuck on how to change the default view and get the links
working.

Help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Roger