[support] Drupal and versioning

Thu Jan 23 13:10:30 UTC 2014

On 1/23/14, 2:06 AM, Roger wrote:
> I've been asked to look into version control with Drupal 7 and later 8.
> Has this been done successfully?
> How do devs handle version control?, what are the better tools?
> How does it work if one dev working on some part commits and it breaks
> something someone else is working on?
> Is there any documentation or video tuts I can investigate please.
>
> Many thanks
> Roger
The main version control used with Drupal (at least for core and the
user modules hosted on drupal.org) is git, which uses a distributed
repository model (a local directory off the root of the project, which
can be connected to one or more remote repositories). This is the
version control system used for the CODE of a site.

Drupal also has built in version control of content, calling it
Revisions, allowing you to save old versions of content when you update
entries.

--
Richard Damon