[support] Media 7.x-2.x

Neil Adair neiltadair at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 00:00:01 UTC 2014

Media 2.0 works great. If it's just showing the grey box in edit mode you
should enable the Media WYSIWYG View Mode and configuring a custom
'WYSIWYG' view mode for videos and
in admin/structure/file-types/manage/video/file-display/wysiwyg select
YouTube preview image.

Use FitVids for responsive videos. You'll need the JS library at
https://raw.github.com/davatron5000/FitVids.js/master/jquery.fitvids.js

Below are my set up notes

Neil

Media 2.0 takes a new approach to uploading images, videos, audio and
document files which leverages the core File Field module and Views. This
implementation will focus on using WYSIWYG module and CKEditor for a simple
user interface.
Modules to install and enable

*File Entity* - File management API http://drupal.org/project/file_entity
*Media* - Media file management http://drupal.org/project/media (use 7.2.x
branch) including *Media Internet Sources* and *Media WYSIWYG View Mode*
*Media: Youtube *- Embed Youtube videos
http://drupal.org/project/media_youtube (use 7.2.x branch)
*Media: Vimeo* - Embed Vimeo videos
http://drupal.org/project/media_vimeo (use 7.2.x branch)
*FitVids* - Responsive media classes. http://drupal.org/project/fitvids
Configuration

*File types* - /admin/structure/file-types

Image - /admin/structure/file-types/manage/image/edit

add 'Mimetypes'
image/jpeg
image/gif
image/png

Manage file display - /admin/structure/file-types/manage/image/file-display
Defaults will work OK

Video -/admin/structure/file-types/manage/video/edit

add 'Mimetypes'
video/mp4
video/vimeo
video/youtube

Manage file display - /admin/structure/file-types/manage/video/file-display
Enable
Video (HTML5 video tag)
Vimeo Video
YouTube Video

Audio - /admin/structure/file-types/manage/audio/edit

add 'Mimetypes'
audio/mp4
audio/mpeg

Manage file display - /admin/structure/file-types/manage/audio/file-display
Defaults will work OK
Audio (HTML5 audio tag)

Media browser settings /admin/config/media/browser
Media browser theme - Seven
WYSIWYG configuration - Select; Upload, Library, Web
File directory for uploaded media (defaults to "files" otherwise create a
directory eg. files/media)

*FitVids* - /admin/config/media/fitvids
YouTube, Vimeo and Kickstarter are supported by default.
'body' is the only required jQuery selector
You can add other 'Video containers'
eg.
.region
or 'Custom iframe URLs'
http://embed.ted.com
http://www.dailymotion.com

*CKEditor*
/admin/config/content/formats/rich_text
Enable 'Convert Media tags to markup' filter set it as last filter (after

/admin/config/content/wysiwyg/profile/rich_text/edit
Enable the 'Media browser button'