[support] Detect Mobile devices

Néstor rotsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 23:09:05 UTC 2014

I need information on how to detect mobile devices on our desktop site and
once detected then display a splash or page or redirect the user to a page

The page or splash will have information that will ask the user to either
continue to
the desktop site or to go to the "APP store"  (android, Iphone).  I will
also set a cookie
so the user does not get this page/splas over and over.

Now, I managed to add some code on my page.tpl.ph that check the
HTTP_USER_AGENT
it will set a cookie and then it will redirect them to another page
(mobileandoir or mobileiphone)

This is working fine but I was wondering if there are site out there done
in Drupal that have
a similar system set in place.

Can anyone provide information about this and how other people have done
it..

I am using Drupal 6

Thanks,

Rotsen