[support] problem with https on localhost when trying to login

Roger Bilinda rogerbilinda at gmail.com
Thu May 1 20:32:09 UTC 2014

You can use drush to disable the securepages   module,

you can use this command

*drush dis securepages*

and then , you will have to vi or you favorite command line editor, and
check if you have the  these two lines, in *settings.php,* , comment them
out: it is located in /sites/default/settings.php

$conf['https'] = TRUE;

$conf['securepages_enable'] = 1;

oh !
and while you are in here ,  you can check this setting , make sure it uses
the right domain.

*$cookie_domain = '';*

and then save and quit, on vi  it is* :wq!*

and then visit you site, this time make sure the url in the browser is http
, not https.

I hope it helps

Best luck.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net> wrote:

> Yes. I just checked (on live site) and Secure Pages is On. I can’t turn it
> off - because it’s live. And also, it’s required by some custom
> configuration module (this is handed over website, the one I didn’t develop
> :( )
>
> But, at least I got somewhere :D
>
> Thanks Stephen
>

> On Apr 28, 2014, at 11:00 AM, Stephen Mount <stemount at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do you have securepages or a similar module enabled? This could be forcing
> a HTTPS redirect.
>
> https://drupal.org/project/securepages
>
> On 28 Apr 2014, at 16:32, Afan Pasalic <drupal at afan.net> wrote:
>
> I copied a website to localhost (I’m using MAMP)  and everything looks ok
> - until I try to login. It redirects me to https://dev.localhost:8082/user
>  (using Acquia) and I get “Secured Conenction Failed”.
> How to turn the SSL request/check off?

Roger
--
Roger Bilinda