[support] problems installing modules

L.J.Bos eljay09 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 06:24:04 UTC 2014

Jonathan,

Just to get the picture right, so you get a message that some of your
modules need updates, then you go to status report to see what's going on,
in the overview you click on the tab 'update' (top right corner), now you
see a list of all modules that need updating. Now you click on 'update all'
and things should start off.
This is the way I usually update modules.

When I want to install a NEW module I use the method described by you.

When Drupal Core needs update (e.g. version 7.21 to 7.22) I upload the tar
or zip file manually to my hosting company.

Hope this helps,

Eljay

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Muzaffer Tolga Ozses <tolga at ozses.net>wrote:

> I believe he's not talking about core modules.
> On 2 May 2014 06:07, "Walt Daniels" <wdlists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The builtin update mechanism is only for contrib modules, not core. You
>> have to ftp that (or use drush).
>>

>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Jonathan <jonathancandler_msa at q.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all. so, I have the new drupal update, which is 7.27 and the way I
>>> use to install modules is I use to goto my modules area in my admin
>>> panel on drupal and click the install modules link, then I would go to
>>> either upload a module or enter URL, in which case  I have tried both.
>>> well, when I click install, nothing happens it just takes me back to the
>>> previous screen! and when and if I try to click the install button for
>>> the second time, it just brings up a black screen. in short, it doesn't
>>> even take me to the ftp settings for installing the modules any more...
>>> does anyone knows why this is happening? Thanks.
>>> --
>>> [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]
>>>

>> --

Eljay Bos