[support] Media module deprecated?

Afan Pasalic drupal at afan.net
Thu May 8 15:32:52 UTC 2014

First, I posted 2 emails and didn’t get any respond. My concern here is ONLY if the emails reached out. So, please, if you get this email, please just respond I know it’s out there. Thanks.

Second, I got a newsletter from OSTraining with a tutorial about Media module. Looks nice. I just tried to install the module and got on content type > (any) > Manage Fields page, under field type, found Multimedia asset drop down option but it also said “deprecated”?!? On the Media module page (https://drupal.org/project/media) I don’t see anything “suspicious”. So, why deprecated and what would be the better option? I believe CKFinder fits the best to CKEditor but you have to pay.

Thanks