[support] feasibility study on the possibility of moving from ColdFusion to Drupal or a PHP application that is inside of Drupal.

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:35:43 UTC 2014

I have been asked to conduct a feasibility study on the possibility of
moving from ColdFusion to Drupal or a PHP application that is inside of
Drupal.

Some initial thoughts:
a.) Migrate the existing ColdFusion Microsoft SQL server database tables to
the Drupal MySQL database. Possibly using the Drupal Migrate module for
this migration. Can we just migrate all the MS SQL server tables as-is as
extra tables within the Drupal database?
b.) Is moving the existing .cfm (ColdFusion markup) source code files to
Drupal .tpl.php files and replacing the server side tags with PHP
equivalent tags feasible?
c.) The site has large custom Javscript as well as using frameworks like
JQuery (Jquery 1.7x). Some of the Javascript may be kept intact. The Jquery
version is similiar to that used by most Drupal 7 sites.
d.) The Drupal Form API might be able to handle much of the AJAX activity
on the pages.

--
John J. Mitchell