[support] creating a searchable image gallery

Joe Java cop3252 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 15:20:50 UTC 2014

I have a content type of an image with a body.  The user inputs an image and types a description in the body.

I want the user to be able to use the built in search feature and be able to type in any words desired.  The search results should have all results related to this content type displayed as a grid of images with their description below each image.

How do I interface with the default search engine and tell it to use a specific view when displaying this content type?
Is there a module that does what I want already?  All I want is a simple searchable image gallery (NOT limited by a taxonomy of keywords (I want the user free to use any description they desire)).

I want to use the default search engine and use a small easy to maintain set of modules.  The default search results are NOT ideal for quick fast viewing (a small grid would be best).

Thanks :-)