[support] Drupal 6 --> 7 : reducing vertical space in Panels

Darrell Eifert deifert at hampton.lib.nh.us
Fri Nov 28 15:34:08 UTC 2014

Hello --

We just upgraded a copy of our Drupal 6 site using the Zen / CTI-Flex
theme to Drupal 7 using an AtaptiveTheme base with the Mix and Match
theme.  Everything went smoothly, except for how Panels behaves in the
new D7 theme.  We have a simple two-column center panel between two side
columns (see http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us for the current D6 production
site), and the D7 version of Panels creates an unacceptably huge amount
of vertical white space between the panels.  If I change each individual
panel to "no markup", the vertical panel space shrinks, but I also lose
the side and center margins of the two columns, which I would like to keep.

Before I start trying to change the Panels module code, does anyone have
a simple suggesting for reducing the vertical space between panels in a
column?

Thanks in advance ...

Darrell Eifert
Lane Memorial Library