[support] support Digest, Vol 145, Issue 21

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 20 22:20:57 UTC 2015

Hi Al, Jamie and the others who responded.
Thank you for your insights about console, working on modules and Drpl8
not ready yet.
I figure that if I am going to do programming to the extent discussed
then for this application I'd be better off doing the whole thing in
AngularJS, I tried to build some basics in php over the past days but
don't want to go that path.
The proposed booking/events site is deceptively simple but the Drpl 7
modules didn't provide enough variation. Added to this is that all
modules are on all the time and some in Drpl7 load the system to
breaking point even though they are seldom required.
I 've had no end of issues with Token and Pathauto giving the WSOD, to
do any admin work in existing sites have to switch these off.
I am hoping that Drpl8 will not require so many modules just to do the
simplest things.

I note here that Drpl8 does not like the ini_set('memory_limit','16M');
at the end of settings.php and the tuts on google are wrong in
suggesting this alternative.

Regards
Roger