[support] Drupal 7 does not clear caches.

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 23 10:36:01 UTC 2015

Hello all.
Apologies in advance for a long explanatory post.

As per previous post because I am desperate.
Our web site in Drupal 7.34 ceased to work publicly yesterday afternoon.
I loaded the new Skeleton theme via /themes/ [Install New theme] all
worked well.

I changed the css so that the page had a background colour, all worked
for 3-4 hours then stopped with browser errors. Safari in the url field
flicks between /domain/index.html and domain/folder/?=index.php about 20
times then fails.
Chromium fails with Web page not available
Firefox fails with This page isn't redirecting properly. - There are no
redirects other than in Drupal index.php. Google is no help so far.

I reset the theme to the original mayo, cleared cache, worked once then
failed so reverted to core Bartik and cleared caches every alteration
but problem exists.

Now I find in cPanel/phpmyadmin that Drupal 7 has not cleared the
database caches and apparently never does so, the caches contain
reference to other themes and redundant data, so what's the point of
Drupal Clear Cache if it doesn't clear the data.

When I last used drush cc all via ssh terminal it destroyed the database
making it unusable so we reverted to an earlier version. Therefore Drush
is not an option, too dangerous.

I fresh installed drupal-7.34 on the server, copied the /sites folder to
the new install, /settings.php refers to the original database, started
it and it too fails. So either something in the sites folder or in the
database is damaged, so I am really stuck and would appreciate help.
Deleting the Skeleton theme and clearing caches does not remove traces
from the database caches.

  I have 3 other drupal 7 installs and all work perfectly, only the main
one fails.
So a question would be, If I created a new database in cPanel then
dumped each table one at a time from the original but not the caches
into it what would that do, would it work?

What I also do not understand is, when I url to
www.domain/directory/user everything works, the theme works login works
and loging in as Admin the theme and site is perfect but as anonymous
user  browsers fail.

Waving the white flag here and need help desperately
Thank you in advance
Roger