[themes] Modules CSS styles...

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Fri Dec 2 14:47:48 UTC 2005

Hey gang,

yesterday I was working on the eventfinder stuff and I had a thought.
The biggest problem a lot of people who are new to drupal have when
trying to theme a module is, they have to constantly try and override
the css that is shipped with an actual modules css file.  This is a pain
in the butt for those new to Drupal.

What makes the most sense to me is... Module developers shouldn't even
be in the business of formatting the output display of their module.
That should be the job of the theme, and themers.

If they want, maybe they could include something like:

eventfinder-sample-css

And in their readme to that module they can tell people to simply rename
their file to: eventfinder.css and then it will activate that style the
module developer might have wanted.

Some of these styles mess things up. soo... I really don't think the
modules should have styled output personally.

<flaim suit on>

reply away!
Trae
--