[themes] Example phptemplate theme

David Carrington david.carrington at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:40:31 UTC 2005

On 12/3/05, Khalid B wrote:
> A theme that is meant to be a starting point is Friends Electric.

If I used Friends Electric as a starting point then:
1) I wouldn't use the CSS and would have to re-make it all myself
2) I'd delete all the images
3) I'd remove any extra markup which isn't needed (like <span
class="clear"></span>)
4) I'd rename all the strange classes to something with meaning (lw1,
lw2, ew1, ew2 etc)
5) I'd change it to XHTML 1.0 Strict

So, as you see, I'd not in fact use it as a starting point for much -
althought that's just me. The main part that I *do* like about Friends
Electric is that all the extra markup (those ew1's etc) allow for
rounded corners. Of course, none of what I said make it a bad theme -
it's certainly one of the best.

--
David Carrington