[themes] Mac IE is no more...

Theodore Serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 27 22:19:49 UTC 2005

On 12/27/05, Bèr Kessels <ber at webschuur.com> wrote:
> Op dinsdag 27 december 2005 20:19, schreef Theodore Serbinski:
> > http://www.jimmygrewal.com/?p=187
>
> Not really;
>
> No-longer-supprted does not mean no-longer used (unfortunately).
>
> And don't forget that a lot of Mac(hardware) cannot run anything else then
> ie5! These people have no choice but to continue on that broken browser.

Right, I never said it was no longer used, but because support has
been dropped, we *should* start to see a nice shift away from IE5 to
Safari which should help out themers a lot, hence the "forward
thinking" remark.

Should we implement this second and drop IE5 support? No, probably not.

But, if you are planning a very complex theme in the near future and
know for a fact you have minimal people with Mac IE5 visiting your
site, well then, it makes sense that you should not really have to
worry about these users as much, since more than likely, they will
either upgrade to Safari or something else sometime soon (whether it
be a new machine or whatever). Now, how soon is soon, well, we'll just
have to wait and find out :-)

So just to reiterate, food for though for *future* themes...

ted