[themes] Dynamic horizontal taxonomy menu with xTemplate

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Jan 4 22:26:16 UTC 2006

In 4.7 this is all handled in core. It has been quite well documented in the
code so I suggest you read the example code in the core themes in HEAD and
the functions in menu.module

Pre 4.6 I developed a module called primary_links to handle this. But as the
name "module" indicates it is quit "bolted on". You can use it well, but I
suggest you best not use it when you distribute the sites for people that
will have to built there own menus afterwards. For your own development it
should work without any problems.

both the 4.7 and primary links solutions are a lot better controllable by
themes. And both use the menu UI to define the links.
In combination with taxonomy_menu.module you will not even have to hand-manage
the menus!

Ber